How Much Do Retractable Awnings Cost?
How many times have you been chased inside by the harsh afternoon sun? Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to enjoy a late lunch on the patio without wearing sunglasses and slathering on sunscreen?
Retractable awnings are the solution you’re looking for. These customizable deck awnings will:
- Make your home more comfortable – finally enjoy dining outside or reading a book in your favorite lounger without getting drenched in sweat
- Cut cooling costs during hot Dallas summers – in the winter, you can also retract your awnings to let more sun in, which’ll help you save on heating costs
- Up your home’s property value – since motorized retractable awnings can increase your home’s energy efficiency and make it more comfortable, they’re an excellent long-term investment
Since retractable awnings can put more money back in your pocket, investing in these features is a no-brainer. So what can you expect in terms of price? How do you price out your new retractable patio awning project?
Factors to Consider
No two patio awning projects are the same. This is especially true if you choose custom motorized awnings, which offer the best bang for your buck when it comes to increasing your home’s property value. A few key factors will influence the price of your project:
- Style – is your awning custom-made to match the style of your home, or an off-the-shelf version with limited color options? We custom-make all of our awnings to match our customers’ homes.
- Function – are you opting for manual retractable awnings or motorized, remote-controlled awnings? At Next Century Screens, we offer both options to fit every budget.
- Quality – is the awning fabric mildew-resistant and durable? All of our awnings feature fabric that’ll stand the test of time (and weather).
You should also keep in mind that warranties can affect the price of your retractable awnings. Often, less expensive awnings don’t come with a warranty, which leaves you unprotected in case of malfunction (especially if you choose to DIY!). Our awnings are covered by manufacturer warranty, so you can sleep soundly at night knowing you’re protected.
DIY vs. Pro
As you price your new awning project out, you’re probably wondering whether DIYing is a good idea. You’ve got a ladder and a toolkit, so why wouldn’t you be able to tackle it on your own?
Sure, it’ll be less expensive, but the real question is this: is it worth the risk of messing up? DIYing your project can lead to costly, novice mistakes that a seasoned pro wouldn’t make. The worst-case scenario? You’ll void the investment in your home due to improper installation.
Instead, opt to bring in an experienced pro, like the retractable awning installation experts at Next Century Screens, to handle everything for you. After all, you get what you pay for—we’ll honor your investment in your home with quality work and superior customer service.